AAC awareness month
We are doing lots of important things in school to highlight AAC awareness.
The aim of the AAC month is to raise everyone's awareness of what AAC is (Augmentative or Alternative Communication).
Examples could be:
- using Makaton or on-body signing to let the children know what is happening next
- using whole objects to choose snacks
- using a core board to choose colours for drawing etc
- supporting a child to exchange a symbol
- using a Big Mack to model saying good morning
- modelling core words on an iPad (e.g child presses 'biscuit', adult models 'more biscuit')